Are you ready? Do you want to know about my next release?
Well, here’s some details:
Release Date is July 21, 2015.
I plan on doing a cover reveal on April 6, 2015
It’s a contemporary romance. No paranormal, no fantasy involved.
And the title is….
Drum roll please….
of the new year has been good so far.
I’m still working on this rewrite, but it’s going well. I have a couple scenes I need to add and yesterday I had to do a total rewrite of another. This is my first rewrite of this story so there is a lot to fix. I’m sure I’ll go through this thing at least a half dozen more times before it’s done. But each one will be faster than the last and it will be better for all the work.
I have a couple more revisions to make, but before too much longer I’ll be ready for some beta readers, is there anyone out there who wants to do that for me? Just use the Contact Me page above and let me know. I’ll choose several when the time is right.
1. What is the working title of your next book?
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
It’s the third in a series that I got the idea for from a dream.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
4. What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Oh, that’s tough, I didn’t write it with anyone in mind, so I’ve found some that are kind of close. Nickie = Kiera Knightly, but she needs auburn hair , Devon = Josh Duhamel but he’d have to grow his hair out, Brandon = Matt Bomer.
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Oh, that’s hard. “Nickie tries to get on with her life, while Devon does his best to protect her from the old friend who thinks she should be his.”
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
Actual writing time, about two months, though I had to set it aside and work on a few things in the middle so start to finish it took 5 months.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
The whole series is similar to Rachel Vincent’s Shifters series.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
This particular one? I still had more story to tell after the last one. There is still more to this tale and will be a fourth book as well, though I haven’t done anything more than take notes for it, yet.
10. What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
Let’s see, it takes place in Rural Arizona, that might not be a big draw for some, but it will be for others. Also, it’s shape-shifters, similar to werewolves, without being vicious or tied to the moon.