Breakthrough.Posted: April 20, 2012 Filed under: Fight, Odds and Ends | Tags: breakthrough, rewrites, struggling Leave a comment
I’ve been struggling with a single scene all week. I knew it wasn’t working, I knew I had to do something different, but I didn’t know why or what to do.
This morning, after I was ready to beat my head against the wall, I went into the bedroom to lay down for a while. As I lay in that half awake, half asleep state, it clicked. Suddenly I knew what I needed to do. It was almost as though my characters had spoken to me, told me what needed to be changed.
I made the changes and continued on, making a large amount of progress since. I feel much better about the whole thing and I look forward to a productive weekend.