I’m nearly done with the first draft of the second book in the Kitsune series. I’ve been winding down the story for several days now.
I realized this morning that I had somewhere between 4000 and 9000 words to go to reach my goal word count for the first draft. Then I realized that if I continue to reach my daily word count goal of 1000, then I could conceivably finish the first draft within the next week. this was more than a little thrilling. I went to work and managed to make more than double my daily goal today! I felt great.
Once I finish the first draft I’ll start the rewrites, and my goals for that stage generally shifts to a chapter or scene basis rather than a word count one, but still, progress is progress, and goals keep you moving.
I’m loving my goals, and achieving them!