To start with, we were supposed to leave last Friday to go camping. I had been watching what the weather would be like, cool, but nice. However, I’d forgotten to check road conditions. So I spent three days working and working to get things ready to go, only to discover within an hour or two of leaving, that the roads are still snowed in and we can’t get there.
Hubster insists nowhere else will do, we can only go to this one lake. So we’ll wait. We knew when we scheduled this early that there was a chance we wouldn’t be able to make it. We planned for the possibility of delaying. So Hubster canceled his vacation and the kids stayed home with me for spring break (which was how we’d planned to do it if we couldn’t go this early.)
On the upside, this meant I got to finish the revisions on my latest project (more on that soon) in the comfort of my home, with conveniences like electricity! On the downside..it’s hot here. Mid-90’s already, and I think one day, we actually hit 100, though, not officially.
Things went along fine, until I went to the grocery store on Wednesday. There, I discovered the card I use for all my purchases has expired without the bank sending me a new one. Talk about embarrassing. I apologized to the clerk, told her I was going to have to cancel the order, and we came home. I got a hold of the bank, there’s a new card on the way, in the mean time, I’ve pulled a different card out to get me by.
Then there was Thursday. I was doing laundry like normal, everything was fine, until I noticed water pooling in the laundry room floor. I looked up my washer model online and did everything I could find or think of to find/stop the leak… no go. I had to call a service person. They’ll be here Monday, no clue how bad the damages will be.
Today, Kidlet 1 and I made a trip to Tucson. It’s a 4 hr drive each way. We went, picked up a truck load of furniture, a party pack of Eegees and came home. It was a long day and I’m exhausted but it was a good day.
The other really great part of the week was finishing the revisions on my latest project. No, I’m not ready to tell you all about it yet, but I will say it won’t be another nearly year before you get another book from me. It’s a great feeling. It also means I can go back to work on the next White Mountain Chanat book. Yes, a sequel to Escape is in the works, and going well so far. No, I don’t have a title yet, but I’ll let you know when I know more.